- 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp ground allspice
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
Grab some fun mini pumpkins for decoration while shopping for ingredients. We have the cutest pumpkins from Ward’s Berry Farm in Sharon. Ward’s is just one of our local farm partners at Morrissey Market.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups Maine Grains organic sifted wheat flour, all purpose
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a muffin tray with paper or silicone liners.
In a large bowl, mix the eggs, pumpkin, maple syrup, milk, and melted butter. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and sea salt. Whisk until combined, then stir into the wet ingredients.
Stir in the chopped walnuts.
Spoon the batter into each muffin liner to about 3/4 full. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Make this gluten free with 2 cups of oat flour plus a 1/2 cup of almond flour
- Make it nut-free and omit walnuts
- Sweeten the recipe with a 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Try cooked sweet potatoes as an alternative to pumpkin puree