A holiday friendly breakfast or brunch recipe, our sausage, spinach and egg casserole is a crowd pleaser. You can prep this the night before so it comes together quick during your festive holiday morning. Perfect for Christmas morning or a New Year’s Eve brunch.
If you make a vegetarian version, skip ahead to sautéing the onions. Other alternatives to the sausage are chopped ham, crumbled bacon or shredded chicken.
- 12 eggs
- 2 large handfuls baby spinach
- 2-3 links sweet Italian sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 6 oz grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup half & half (or cream or whole milk)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper