Mix up Taco Tuesday with a new recipe
Is Taco Tuesday a ritual in your household? Are you getting tired of eating the same tacos every week? Well, we’ve got great news for you. Taco Tuesday has a lot more to offer than just the standard tacos. Mix it up this Tuesday and give our our fresh, tasty taco salad recipe a try. Check it out below!
- 1 pound Maine Family Farms ground turkey (substitute ground beef or chicken too)
- 2 cups Cabot cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 box of Olivia’s Organics 50/50 blend
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 avocado, sliced or cubed
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup of corn
- 1 cup of black beans or pinto beans
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
In a large skillet, cook meat over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 4-6 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
In a large bowl, toss 50/50 salad blend with cheese. Top with beef mixture and chips; drizzle with dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.